Friday 6 May 2011

Snowdon


One of my favorite locations in the UK "North Wales" and only 80 Miles from my home Village. Snowdonia is the highest mountain in Wales 3,560 ft (1,085 m) and the second highest in the UK. On this day I was accompanied by my family, our goal for the day was to head up to the top via train but unfortunately the train service was fully booked for the next 4 days, maybe next time. Instead we decided to walk part of the Miners Track up untill lake Llyn Llydaw our final destination - beyond this point carrying a 3 year can be a bit of a challenge.

From the lower end of Llyn Llydaw I was able to capture some amazing shot's of both the lake and the peak of Snowdon. For this particular shot I waited for the sun to disappear and partly reappear from behind a cloud just enough to remove direct sun light from snowdon peak "see note" and light up the smaller mountain to the right of the frame. Taken by Martin..D

2 comments:

Cariad said...

Beautiful Wales.

catied said...

i love the colors! especially the way the colors of the mountain are echoed in the rocks.